The biggest fort as a 'Build It Yourself' is the Frontier Fort with Swing Beam. It is similar to the Frontier Fort, but has a Swing Beam added to it.
It has 2 deck levels - one at 5ft and the other at 7ft - where your children will enjoy playing and moving around, safely!
Below the fort is room for a Sandbox.
The Swingbeam has an A-frame bracket, and the hardware is hot-dipped galvanized, providing for durability. The 6 iron ductile swing hangers and spring clips provide for easy and safe connection of the swings.
The swing belts and chains are plastisol coated to prevent pinching of the skin or fingers, and are 'extra-duty' which is near commercial grade.
At each deack you can connect a slide. These slides are an add-on (see the accessories tab), and you can choose from various styles and colors (yellow, green and blue).
• The color of the tarp and the safety handles can be chosen
• The style and color of the three swings can be chosen
Remember that all our Swing Set Plans come with a clear step-by-step 3D illustrated manual. These enclosed instructions will help you to construct this swing the easiest way.
Note that as this is a Swing Set Plan, the lumber is not included. The manual provides clear instructions on what lumber is needed, which you can get at your local DIY store.
The Frontier with Swing Beam is a huge playset that features two decks at two different levels: one at 5 feet and the upper at 7 feet. The lower deck is 4ft. x 6ft. wide and the upper is 6ft. x 6ft. wide with 7ft. of head clearance.
The playset is easy to modify and will fit almost any slide combination.
The patented two-piece swingbeam bracketing system makes installation quick and easy. The bracket, made from 7 gauge high-tensile steel, is unsurpassed in strength and like all hardware components carries a one year warranty.
The swings and trapeze bar are rated as 'high-end residential' and will last years in your backyard playground. The plastisol coated bars and chains make for soft easy gripping and won't pinch fingers or tangle hair.
This solid structure is supported by six 4x4's - cement; ground anchors and braces are not needed. The deck boards are 2x6 lumber and can easily support the weight of several adults.
The entry ladder is inclined 30 degrees and made from 4x4 and 2x6 lumber.
• Wide entry area from the lower level to upper level, almost 6 feet!
• Two pairs (four) of extra-long safety handles with molded finger grips.
• Instructions for adding a picnic table and benches.
• Instructions for building with or without slides.
• Built in sandbox
*Lumber is not inlcuded. The approximate lumber cost at your local DIY store is $500 - $550.
• Fort hardware (hot-dipped galvanized)
• SwingBeam A-frame bracket and hardware (hot-dipped galvanized)
• 13 ladder brackets with hardware
• 2 One trapeze bar with plastisol coated bar (yellow, blue, or green)
• 6 iron ductile swing hangers and spring clips
• 2 removable marine grade vinyl tarps (green or blue)
• 4 safety handles
• Step-by-step 3D illustrated manual